Responsible for performing key clerical and administrative functions of the chapter’s general office operations, including program, fiscal, and development activities.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs in the Windows 7 environment, and with relational database programs such as Raiser’s Edge.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Ability to set and manage multiple priorities, and to maintain effectiveness under pressure.
Pleasant and professional interpersonal and telephone demeanor.
Ability to work alone and in a team setting, as well as ability to interact effectively with staff, volunteers, wish families, donors, and the general public.
1. Answer incoming calls.
2. Process incoming mail.
3. Greet visitors and guests who come to the office.
4. Record cash receipts in donor database and prepare deposits.
5. Enter donor and gift data in donor database, as directed.
6. Perform general clerical functions of the office.
7. Provide administrative and secretarial support for the CEO as requested.
8. Provide planning support for annual Wish Family Picnic and Holiday Party.
9. Provide administrative and project support to the Director of Finance & Operations and to the Development Team.
Education: Associates Degree minimum; higher degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum five years experience with administrative/clerical duties in an office setting. Minimum five years experience with relational database experience, including data entry, queries, and reports.
Send resumes to:
Make-A-Wish Northeast New York
Attention: Eryn Foster
One Mustang Drive
We regularly offer unpaid internship opportunities throughout the fall, spring and summer semesters. For information about interning with Make-A-Wish, please contact Tim Riley at (518) 782-4673 or firstname.lastname@example.org.