This November kicks off the 26th year of the Adopt-A-Wish campaign, Make-A-Wish Northeast New York’s longest-running fundraising event and an annual tradition throughout the 15 counties we serve.
This year, the campaign is getting a facelift.
We are incorporating the new Adopt-A-Wish logo, along with fun, bright colors. The changes to the campaign will help the initiative be more accessible to all and breathe new life into an already great tradition. Stars will now also be available at three different prices, $1, $3 and $5. We’ve received feedback over the years that our donors wanted to see these options available: You will still be able to get all six stars for $15!
Trustco Bank has generously renewed its role in the campaign as the Presenting Sponsor, and we are thankful for their support of the mission and making stars available at all of their area branches. NYSCOPBA has signed on as a Wish Champion in support of the campaign.
Along with Trustco branches, stars will be available at Crossgates Mall, Colonie Center, Wilton Mall, Aviation Mall, Champlain Centre and dozens of businesses and schools throughout the region.
The Ambassadors featured on this year’s stars are:
- Anne, 12, from Albany – “I wish to go to Hollywood.”
- Joseph, 5, from Amsterdam – “I wish to go to Universal Orlando.”
- Natasha, 18, from Clifton Park – “I wish to go on a Disney Cruise.”
- Colby, 16, from Ghent – “I wish to be an animator.”
- Olivia, 4, from Clifton Park – “I wish to go to Disney World.”
- Brady, 3, from Latham – “I wish to have a swimming pool.”
- James, 9, from Saranac Lake – “I wish to go to Disney World.”
- Aubrie, 16, from Plattsburgh – “I wish to go to the American Music Awards.”
We hope you’ll accompany us for the campaign kickoff and meet our incredible ambassadors! You can join us at Crossgates Mall on Nov. 15 at 5 p.m. (corridor across from Regal Cinemas) or at Champlain Centre on Nov. 20 at 5 p.m. (main corridor, near Santa).
Want to volunteer to man a table? We could use you. Click here