We depend on people like you
Do you have a few hours each week? Maybe a few days each week? Then you can help bring the rejuvenation of wish experiences to kids with life-threatening medical conditions. You can join a network of more than 25,000 caring people nationwide who make it possible for Make-A-Wish kids to live their one true wish.
We depend on people like you!
We match volunteers to positions based on ability, interests and availability. Consider your goals, skills and purpose when you volunteer for the opportunity that best suits you. NOTE: Many volunteer positions require a background check plus ongoing training.
- Fundraising – Help us secure donated goods and services, write grants and/or sponsorship proposals, build partnerships with local companies, conduct research on giving campaigns conducted by local companies, organize a frequent-flier donation campaign, sell paper Make-A-Wish® stars or plan/organize an external event to benefit Make-A-Wish.
- Office – Assist with miscellaneous projects at the office, including phone calls, wish research, mailings, etc.
- Speaker’s Bureau – Speak at community, school, business or civic events to increase support for Make-A-Wish while educating audiences about the Make-A-Wish mission.
- Special Events – Plan, organize, and implement successful Make-A-Wish fundraising events by working on event committees, helping out on the event day and/or participating in the event.
- Translator – Some wish kids come from non-English-speaking families, and we need help to determine their wish. Translators have the option of becoming fully trained wish granting volunteers. They can also provide short-term support as needed.
- Wish Granting – Wish granters meet the family, help the wish child determine the wish and act as a liaison between Make-A-Wish staff members and the family during the planning process. Wish granters must be at least 18 years old and must attend a mandatory in-depth training session.
To get started, please contact Erin Goodfellow, LMSW, Manager of Volunteer Engagement, at 518-456-9474 or firstname.lastname@example.org